How to set New Years Goals For This Upcoming Year:
We think we can all agree that 2020 was a crazy year that has changed all of our lives, but it has also showed us to appreciate all the little things as well. Typically, a New Year has always been such a hopeful time for most. A New Year symbolizes out with the old and in with a fresh start! This year especially, we should be grateful for health and should be looking forward to what we can do in 2021, we have a good feeling about this year and we hope you do too. With that in mind, we wanted to provide you with tips on how to set New Year goals for this upcoming year. We want to be a part of your journey to help motivate you all to still set goals inside and outside the gym. Some tips we consider helpful for developing new years goals:
- Think about the areas in your life that you want to make new goals in this upcoming year
- Whether this be in the gym for a new personal best or just in your daily life, we think it is important to reflect on all aspects of your life and understand how these new goals can help you!
- Try to think of the short term and long-term goals you want to reach within this next year
- Every process requires steps, therefore it is just as important to set short term goals, as well as long term goals. Learn to enjoy the process and appreciate the little achievements as much as the large ones.
- Set realistic and attainable goals
- Recognize your current state in life, reflect, and set goals that you know would be possible to attain. Be patient with yourself and remember your journey is a marathon, not a sprint. Small progress is better than none!
- Create goals that are measurable
- Find the best way to measure your goals, whether that be in weight loss or gain, or even meditating every morning. Measuring your goals keeps you accountable and encourages you to recognize the little progress being done! It an also be a confidence booster when you recognize the work you are putting in is paying off.
- Write down your goals and review them throughout the year
- Try to write your goals somewhere for you to review throughout the year or when you are feeling discouraged, this will keep you focused and remind you of why you started the journey.
- Reward yourself for achieving both short term and long-term goals for the year
- Don’t be afraid to pat yourself on the back for achieving these goals! YOU put in the work and YOU know the steps you had to take to achieve them. Sometimes taking the first step is the hardest part, but YOU are doing it and killing it, so give yourself some credit 😊
We hope these tips can help you in this upcoming year to make 2021 one of your most rewarding years. We at Body Masters Fit Club want to help you reach these new years goals and help you be accountable, don’t be afraid to list your goals in our comment section below or continue to share with your trainer your goals! We want to wish the BMFC family a Happy New Years and good luck on what’s the come, we have big things coming your way and we can’t wait to share it with you all!
Read our other Blogs News